Re: rsync question

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 2:11 pm, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I was using rsync to copy files locally and over the network. I want
> to copy only those files which are touched or updated. But whenever I
> run rsync it copies all the files. IF i run immediately it doesn't
> copy any file.
> Kindly suggest me.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Kumar

Take a look at unison.  It will do 2 way syncs if you want and only copy
stuff that has changed on either end (you can override things
interactively).  I use it to synchronize between laptop and desktop and
also remotely over a network.  You can do files or directories.  I
believe it uses either the rsync algorithm or something similar.  Works
well for me.

John