Re: broken CD in apt-get

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 13:10, Christof Hurschler wrote:
> One of my 3.0r0 CDs is broken.
>
> I've jigdoed a 3.0r1 image to replace it.
>
> How do I tell apt-get to ignore the packages in the old CD, or put another
> way, how do I reset the list of available packages in apt-get, say if I just
> want to use the r1 CDs or if I want it to ignore debs on an "unofficial" CD
> that I once read in.

commenting the line with deb cdrom:// entry in the sources.list file
(for the particular CD you have mentioned) and then doing an apt-get
update should help ignore that CD.

You can add the new 3.0r1 CD you have made to sources.list with
apt-cdrom add

--
Muralikrishnan B
Debian and Gnome enthusiast : http://gnomerocks.blogspot.com