Re: Using "experimental"

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 10:00, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Maria Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > I am wanting to try out the new 4.0 version of MySQL but it still only
> > resides in experimental. How do you do something like "apt-get source
> > mysql" from experimental? As far as I can tell, it's not a real
> > distribution so you can't put it in your sources.list. What must a
> > girl have to do to get experimental? ;^)
>
> MySQL 4 is now in unstable, so you can get it there.
>
> For future reference, though, if you ever do need to apt-get from
> the experimental repository, here are the lines for sources.list:
>
>   deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
>   deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
Note: You will not automatically install the experimental versions of
the packages if there are other sources.  Experimental is automatically
pinned bellow 100 I believe.  To get a package from unstable you would
have to do something like,
apt-get -t experimental install <package>
I believe thats the correct syntax, but I havent used experimental since
the gnome2 transition.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>