Re: LPRng and LaserWriter 8.7.1 Very Slow

Hello Marc,

Sorry this is a little late. I can't keep up with the Debian-User list now that I'm back in school. If you'd like to discuss this issue more, send me a direct email. I'll try the Debian unstable version. It could be later than the versions I or any others who had problems with it tried. I attached two references on the end of this email. They're short.

Peter

From:   Robert Solomon wogsol-at-bestweb.net |LPRng
Subject:   Re: LPRng: Is printing from Mac OS 9 clients to lprng fixed?

Peter,

I'm having the same issue here, have gotten only a little further: LPR printing works from my system 9.04 Mac to another server on my net running Steve Flynn's tiny lpd server. I've been unable to locate 3.8.1. My version that doesn't work is 3.8.12. As soon as I have time, I'm going to upgrade to the current 3.8.20 version and try that... (Running Slackware.)

Bob