Re: optical mouse in XFree 4.1.0

Rob Benton said:
> Will optical mice work in X 4.1.0 ?  I've got a logitech cordless duo
> elite that refuses to work.  I can get into X but my pointer is locked in
> the middle of the screen and unresponsive.  Here's what's in my XFConfig:

yes both optical and wireless logitech trackballs/mice work fine
for me in X 4.1, X doesn't care if it's wireless or optical, as long
as it speaks the right protocol. And all recent logitech(past 8 years
maybe?) speak the right protocols.

is your mouse connected to the PS/2 port? if it's usb it should
be using /dev/input/mice

be sure gpm is not running before starting X, gpm -k if you have it
installed.

nate