Re: Bogofilter configuration

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:10:21 +0100
Brian Potkin <brian@copernicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Did you intend to take this off-list?  If so you should note that having
> only had a few weeks experience with bogofilter I may not be the best
> person to answer all your queries.

I hadn't intended to take it off-list; I have my mail agent set for
reply-to-list and I just "Reply"d to your message. That does what I want
most of the time; I'm not sure why it didn't this time.

> So yes, bogofilter.cf is not managed by debconf.  I can understand your
> caution about making assumptions as I went through the same proccess.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who *did* read the comments but was confused
anyway. :)

> > Another reason for my question is that I'd like to know what experience
> > people have with the defaults. Are they "good", or "good enough" or "not
> > good enough -- some need be changed for acceptable performance"?
>
> Can't help you here Kevin, except to say the defaults are those
> suggested by the program writers.  I've left them as they are and
> bogofilter appears to be working as advertised.  The mailing lists at
> http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net and the documentation are probably
> your best sources for reading more on this.

OK. That's experience, and it's what I'm trying to get.

Kevin