Re: Motherboard Success

A Cjt wrote:
I'm just wondering if anyone has had any problems installing this motherboard: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe nForce-2 x8 AGP Also, would anyone suggest getting a separate sound card, or sticking with the sound on this board?
Thanks

Not specifically with this board, I have A7N266-VM with nForce Audio. The audio works with Intel ICH (i8xx) audio support enabled. I was unable to use the driver downloaded from the nVidia website, there were errors of the likes of:

patching file i810_audio.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 113
Hunk #2 FAILED at 279
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED --saving rejects to file i810_audio.c.rej

Anyway, sound works by adding the above support.

HTH Tim