Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal

Hi all,

I installed the rsh-server that I would be able to install a software
over rsh.  (a backup client, but that's all the same now)

it can execute commands over rsh, (mkdir for example) but the software
installation does not work, errormessage:

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal

How can I change my woody's opinion, about giving pty's to stdin
also where stdin isn't a terminal?

any help is appreciated

tia

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Cynics says that Hungarians created America's Hollywood before