Re: kernel won't boot (was Re: compiling a kernel)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, Elizabeth !

I checked - but the Second extended fs support was
allready on.
I attached the current filesystem supports.

I think I might need to set  " Advanced partition
selection " on and select some
partition types there - but I'm not at all sure (I'm
just curious why it's off)

If I do enable it, I see there is an option enabled:
  PC BIOS (MSDOS partition tables) support
with the help:
--------------------------
 CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION:

 Say Y here if you would like to use hard disks under
Linux which
 were partitioned on an x86 PC (not necessarily by
DOS).

I don't just try as I have allready some broken
kernels now (I tried some things without succes before
asking here)

If this is indeed the correct difference, or when you
know something else which is incorrect now, please
send a reply !

Thanks for any help,

Joris