Re: default run level

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:39:02PM -0600, Irish, Jon D BAE SYSTEMS wrote:
> Here is a newbie question: Which default run level do I change inittab
> to so that the PC boots to a VGA console instead of X?

You don't play with inittab at all; this isn't RedHat.  See
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~kmself/Linux/FAQs/xdm-disable.html, section
"You don't want to run an XDM login session?"

  See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't create
  jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or something.  But
  the government will spend it, thereby creating jobs.
          -- Dave Barry