Re: no gnome-terminal package in sarge?

Joe Buck wrote:
Hi,

I recently upgraded a woody box to sarge and found that there is
no gnome-terminal package in testing, although there is one in unstable.
What's the story here?

As a stopgap I am setting things up to use multi-gnome-terminal, but
this looks strange.

The sid version is gnome2, and the rest of testing's gnome is 1.4, so
it wouldn't really work to try to move forward.  But keeping the
woody gnome-terminal doesn't work either, because some other package
claims to replace it (but does not).

Please cc me.

You can get it from snapshot.debian.net:
<http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/06/04/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-core/> 1.4.0.6-5 was the last version to make it into testing.