Re: Shell based text editor for writing prose

    "John" == John Griffiths <johnboy@the-riotact.com> writes:

    John> Travis Crump wrote:
    >>  Is this a troll?  I prefer vim, a good number of people prefer
    >> emacs.  Both will suit your needs.
    >>

    John> No, not a troll, I want to know if any of the editors are
    John> aimed at writers rather than coders,

emacs is a least equally aimed at writers writing plain text or text
in a markup language (TeX, HTML, SGML, troff, email, etc.).

The quoting above, the filling of paragraphs, and any spell checking
that might have been performed (none in this case) on this email were
all done by emacs.

Cheers!
Shyamal