Re: install XFree86 4.3 on Woody?

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 19:02, Santiago Hirschfeld wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Im running woody with some packages installed from unofficial sources found
> in apt-get.org, and i was wondering if it's a good idea to switch to XFree86
> 4.3, everything is working so well now, that i wouldn't like to reinstall
> everything (again). I pretty new to debian, but i'm begining to get why is it
> so loved.
> If it's a good idea tu upgrade XFree86, can u suggest a source? please?
I dont know about how recommended this is, but the Stone debs are good
on sid.  You might have some problems with them being compiled with
gcc3.2, but Im sure you could grab the sources and build them with
gcc2.95 instead.  That is what I would do anyway.  You can find the
Stone debs on apt-get.org.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>