Re: [despammed] smtp auth

Tuesday, April 1, 2003, 2:11:21 PM, debian-security@lists.debian.org (debian-security) wrote:

Arnold> ok ad first I'm not really sure, if this ist exactly the right forum, but I'm
Arnold> getting email from this list a long time and to be true I didn't found a
Arnold> debian list for mailing administrativa...

http://lists.debian.org  listmaster@lists.debian.org

I think this belongs on user more than security, but someone can
correct me.

Arnold> I'm trying to set up my dial-up system for mail relaying via mx.freenet.de
Arnold> and they are using smtp-auth to accept every mail from someone who has an
Arnold> email-account on their system. I read a couple of articles about the
Arnold> configuration of postfix and set up /etc/postfix/main.cf with all mentioned
Arnold> parameters and options. Postfix is seat up to reconfigure via the pon/poff
Arnold> scripts.

Do you have the sasl plugins installed?  I don't use postfix, but in
sendmail there is also an accepted mechanisms list that the mechanisms
must be listed in.

| Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan@[despammed.com|m00.net]> |
|  AIM: Uncaring Eyes ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2   |
|  "We Trills have an expression -- at forty, you    |
|  think you know everything. At four hundred you    |
|  realize you know nothing." - Dax, Startrek DS9    |