Re: [OT] Designing a Website

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 14:48, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 04:48:33AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 09:33, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > > I am a freshman student, in Computer Studies. A project has
> > > recently been assigned to us in one of our courses (intro to
> > > computers), and as I don't have experience building websites, I
> > > am seeking your advice in this regard.
> > >
> > > The project is to design and make a personal website. We aren't
> > > given any
> >
> > Building personal web pages as Computer Science??????

I can't see the disadvantage of learning html, css and so on.
And furthermore, in building a website, you can also learn other things
like Apache, MySQL, and PHP, which is actually what I am currently
doing.

> Computer *Studies*, not Computer Science. The emphasis is usually
> important.

Actually it's *Computer Studies and Information Technology*

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */