Re: Help understanding Debians default Apache2 config

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 01:30:50PM -0500, stan wrote:
| I've used Apache a good bit, and even have Apache 2 runing on an HP-UX
| system. I just installed Apache 2 on a Debian system, and I'm very
| confused. I'm looking for the dfaul DocumentRoot directery, and I can't
| seem to find it!

Look all trhough /etc/apache2.  The configuration has been split up to
use smaller (more manageable) files instead of one huge file.

For example:

    $ grep -r DocumentRoot *
    httpd.conf:#  DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail
    sites-available/default:        DocumentRoot /var/www/apache2-default/
    sites-enabled/default:  DocumentRoot /var/www/apache2-default/

The default is specified in sites-available/default.  (which is
symlinked as sites-enabled/default)

| What's the /etc/apache2/conf.d directory, and what goes in it?

From /etc/apache2/apache2.conf :

    # Include generic snippets of statements
    Include /etc/apache2/conf.d

You (or the package system, I suppose) can put files there containing
config snippets for various purposes.

-D

--
The nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/