xlibs-dev package unresolvable conflict

Hi, I have the "xlibs" version 4.2.1-6 package installed, and am trying to
install "xlibs-dev" to resolve other dependencies. However, upon hitting
enter at the selection screen, it complains with a "Dependency
Conflict/Resolution" screen and says "xlibs-dev depends on xlibs (=
4.1.0-16)". The xlibs-dev version I'm trying to install is 4.1.0-16, and I
just did an update. Here is the uncommented portion of my
/etc/apt/sources.list (the 3 that come by default, with the word "stable"
replaced with the word "woody", and a 4th "mirrors.kernel.org" added:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian woody main contrib

Is there a way to fool it into thinking it's an earlier version, or how to
either downgrade the available xlibs, or upgrade the available xlibs-dev?

Thx.

--
Blitzen