Window placement

Hi,

I use Sawfish and Gnome. I'd like to have the windows of newly loaded
application to be put behind the main window (the focused and active
one, I mean). I have set Sawfish' window placement setting to be
"top-left" (ie: not "interactively"), but still, the last newly created
window becoming active and taking the focus. What I want is pretty
simple. I just don't want to be bothered with newly loaded apps; I'd
like to continue working while they are being loaded.

Suggestions and pointers please... I'm pretty agnostic about the window
server; as long as it is compatible with Gnome, that would be all right.

Thanks in advance,
Oki