Re: ssh X11 forwarding

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 13:46:36 -0800, Michael West wrote:
> I have "X11Forwarding yes" in sshd_config and login with `ssh -X
> hostname` but `echo $DISPLAY` gives '0.0' after successful login.

Look at all the scripts (either in your $HOME or in /etc) that can
be run by the shell at startup. Perhaps one of them sets $DISPLAY
to "0.0". I've already seen that on one of my accounts...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International