Re: PDQ print error

Tom Allison wrote:
I can do this:  pdq test_file
But I can't do this:  uptime | pdq
and I can't do this:  man pdq | pdq

Under other configurations, (cupsys-bsd and the old fashioned lpr) I was able to do these types of print commands successfully.

I have installed:
foomatic-bin
foomatic-db
foomatic-rip
foomatic-gswrapper
a2ps
gs
imagemagick
lprng (this doesn't work at all!)

I removed the lprng because I couldnt' find any reason to keep it around...

Here's what I have/done so far:

foomatic-configure -O | less
gives us the printer information from the database:
  <printer>
    <id>Kyocera-FS-1900</id>
    <make>Kyocera</make>
    <model>FS-1900</model>
    <functionality>A</functionality>
    <driver>Postscript</driver>
    <autodetect>
  <!--no known parport probe information--></autodetect>
    <drivers>
      <driver>Postscript</driver>
      <driver>lj5gray</driver>
      <driver>lj5mono</driver>
      <driver>ljet4</driver>
      <driver>pxlmono</driver>
    </drivers>
  </printer>

foomatic-configure options:
-n <model>
-s spooler (pdq, lpd, lprng, direct)
-d <driver>
-p <id>

-c connection

foomatic-configure -n FS-1900 -s pdq -d Postscript -p Kyocera-FS-1900 -c socket://192.168.0.100:9100/
foomatic-configure -D -n FS-1900

XPDQ doesn't recognize the driver anymore.
Previously any print job that I submitted would just evaporate without any errors. no network traffic either.

--
<NullC> I like the seed code for computing masking curves.
<NullC> I've never seen code that made be want to drink before that...