Woody X and Eizo L685

Hello Debian users

I bought an Eizo LCD Screen  (L685) this weekend and was frustrated about the
debian X-results. I am using a Matrox G550.

If the mga driver is used from 1024x768 upwards I have a moving moiree, If
fbdev is used, this appears from 1152x960 on. In this case 1024x768 is OK
(but not the resolution I would like to use really).

As SuSE manages that (1240x1024 is OK) using the mga driver (and starting
mga_hal) I think this is the reason, why it doesnt work on Debian.

As I understood the Debian FAQ, mga_hal is proprietary (Matrox) and therefore
not part of the Debian distro. Nevertheless I did not find anything related
with X-Drivers on the Matrox page.

Any ideas ?

regards
--