Re: Kernel Upgrade

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 08:41:08AM -0700, Brian Gonzales wrote:
> While updating my kernel, the installer advises to add
> initrd=/initrd.img to the image=/vmlinuz portion of lilo.conf. After
> which, I run lilo and get the following error:
>
> debian:/etc# lilo
> Fatal: open /initrd.img: No such file or directory
>
> I don't have SCSI, but my drives are ATA100 (recognized as hde & hdf).

you only want to add that line to lilo.conf if you kernel is an
initrd-enabled kernel.  if you don't have an initrd.img in either /
or in /boot, i would wager that you don't, and that you don't need
the line.  and if you do need it, disabling it and booting is probably
the easiest way to find out :) (don't forget to leave yourself another
way to boot before you do this though!)

	sean