Strange work XFree86 with depth 8 bit on 4.x version.

Hi folk.
I have programme which works only 8 bit X server.
I try run this on XFree86 version 4.3 4.2 4.1 3.3
This prog. work only computer with ATI video card under all XFree86 version.
With S3, intergated i810 video card I cannot run this. What i do:
Run only X server with depth 8 and without any window managers and run
this porgramme, programme do not work correctly with colors.
On XFree86 version 3.3 this porgramme works with any video card.
How can I run this progs. under XFree86 version 4.3?
Thanx.