Re: Debian's release support policy

> > Does Debian have an official policy regarding how long security
> updates
> > and critical bug fixes will be provided for a release (e.g. six
> months,
> > one year, etc)?
>
> STFW.  8:o)
>
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2003/07/index.en.html

IMHO, "I will probably continue to support" does not really sound like
a policy. I think Debian users, including potential ones, would benefit
from clear and precise security/support policy (whatever it may be)
that can be found in an obvious place on the Debian's website (not
somewhere in the middle of a weekly newsletter).

Redhat may not be great in the this regard but at least they are clear
about what they are going to do.

Thanks