Re: Opinion

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 10:15:04AM +0530, Saurabh Gupta wrote:

> Dear debian USers
>   My name is Saurabh  and I am from India. I need your opinion in one of
> the problem i am facing with the Debian. I want to write my own script
> which will do network confriguration , install the Os , make partition
> after the Kernel is loaded. I cannot find the sample scripts or the
> Debian itself use to does so.
>   Kindly see u can help

Sounds like unattended installation. I'm not at all an expert on that
matter, but usually this only makes sense when the machines in question
are well known and identical. I doubt writing a script from scratch to
drive the Debian installation has advantages over installing once and
then cloning disks.

A bit of googling, and FAI[0,1] turned up. This may be what you want.

HTH,
Nick

[0] http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/fai/

--
|                  And AC said: "Let there be light!"                  |