Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 00:02, Terry Milnes wrote:
> Is it possible to use KNOPPIX as a installer for Debian?  Once I have
> KNOPPIX installed then add Debians stable apt repository to add the
> other software that I want?

Yes, Ive never done it but Ive heard of others doing it.  Also Knoppix
is based on a mix of stable, testing, and unstable, so if you use stable
sources you may run into problems.  It may be enough to use stable and
some of the back-ports on apt-get.org , but I would personally go with
unstable, especially if this is a desktop machine.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>