Re: Debian's release support policy

ow said:
> Recent changes to Redhat support policy
> (http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/) got me somewhat concerned.
>
> Does Debian have an official policy regarding how long security updates
> and critical bug fixes will be provided for a release (e.g. six months,
> one year, etc)?

not really. last I heard debian 2.2 will be supported for security until
about june 2003.

by contrast, debian 2.1 was dropped about 8-12 weeks after debian 2.2
came out..debian got quite a bit of upset users from that move(including
me), so they supported debian 2.2 for longer.

though it would be nice to see a official statement of approx when support
will be ended, i got my info from the mailing list archives. most users
out there probably don't know that potato will get dropped soon.

nate