Re: Convincing someone to switch to Linux

And it will probably have an industry standard power
supply/motherboard connector (unlike the Dell).

See, e.g.

http://www.upgradingandrepairingpcs.com/articles/upgrade3_01_01.asp

Why I am positively aghast!!! How dare you even suggest that a major hardware (or even software) even consider something as esoteric as an industry standard. [As I reminisce about my days own a (very proprietary) Emerson 286 PC.] I mean, how will they keep people locked in to their product. You can't possibly be suggesting that they try and produce a superior product or provide superior service. I can clearly see that you have been a part of this "so-called" free software movement for too long.

8-)

-Roberto

[Note: in case the tone came out too serious, this is actually a joke!]