Re: System Slows Down

From: Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: System Slows Down
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:19:41 +0100

On Thursday 27 March 2003 16:54, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 03:48:52PM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> > If you never use the "locate" command, consider removing the dlocate (or
> > slocate) package.
>
> dlocate is not an implementation of locate.

Oh, sorry. However, removing the slocate will not stop updatedb from running,
because it is also in the findutils package, which is marked "Priority:
required". The only way to get around it is removing the entry in the
(ana)cron-tab.

And how could I do this?, or better, where is the this cron-tab?

Didier.
"Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and deluge the hoby market with good software"...Bill Gates 1976...We're still waiting