Re: remount md0 after disc failure

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:59:53PM +1100, Lindsay Yardley wrote:
> OK, let's try it, df, /home is mounted on /dev/md0. Check contents of /home
> then umount /home, check /home directory, empty as expected. Reboot ...,
> hmmm, /home is NOT! empty, why? .. df, home is mounted on /dev/md0.
>
> So fstab is remounting /home, so should hda disc fail, & I put an image of
> it back and reboot there's nothing to do, right?

Replace the physical drive hda, restore its contents from your backup
and away you go. All you've lost is anything changed on hda since your
last backup. Don't forget to reinstall the bootloader.

I take it by "image" you mean "all the files/directories/permissions
and stuff" as opposed to something akin to a ISO9660 image of a CD?

> What if the disk is not the same size/shape/colour would that change things?

Doesn't matter, as long as all the files are there.

Pigeon