Re: no audio cds

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:06:25PM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:

> /cdrom is essentially an empty directory untill you mount a filesystem
> into it. That being said, an audio cd is not necessarily a filesystem
> (I have no idea why mounting it would be any different, this is probably
> something for somebody with a little more experience).

An audio CD does have a filesystem, of a very rudimentary type, which
is what an audio CD player uses to find the tracks. But the standard
Linux filesystem drivers don't know about it, so you can't mount it.
If you install the driver - it's called cdfs I think - then you can
mount it and see the tracks as audio files.

Pigeon