Re: checking mount success/fail

Lindsay Yardley wrote:
> to move my /home to my new raid1 md0 I just "mount -t ext3 md0 /home" then
> added it to fstab, got no unusual messages at boot but how do i check that
> /home is indeed mounted on md0?

There are a number of ways.  Using 'mount' with no options will dump
the mount table.  Or 'df'.  Or dumping the table from /proc.

  df
  mount
  cat /proc/mounts

Looking at the multiple device status in /proc is useful.  You should
see "[2/2] [UU]" for all up and functioning mirrored filesystems.  Or
you will see the status of a sync operation if one is pending.

  cat /proc/mdstat

Bob