Need Help: Problems with the netinstaller ... Installing Debian on a SAMSUNG Q10 was Firewire Install

Hi there,

  I failed installing debian from a firewire cdrom and tried to use the
"official" netinstaller with not much of a success.

  > selected "net" from the boot prompt.
  >  configure network hardware -> 4 low
  -> detect hw? yes
  -> Load 3c59x? yes
  -> parameter -> empty
  -> 2 -> Configure DHCP -> ok

  -> 4 Load Installer Modules
     -> 1 http
     -> Select Country ... QUESTION: How can I scroll back? Selected 50!
     -> Select Mirror -> 1
      -> Set up proxy

  -> 1. Sarge
   -> 1 Netretriever

  -> Modules -> One time all, the other time (described here) none, again
how can I scroll back?
   -> wget -> ok

  -> 1. Choose language -> 1
    -> Segmentation fault ->
/home/martin/projects/debian-installer/tools/cdebconf/src/frontend.c:133 (frontend_new): Cannot load frontend module
/usr/lib/cdebconf/frontend/newt.so: libnewt.so.0.50: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory.

  On a sidenote, I booted from a firewire cdrom ... May that be it?

  I would appreciate really any help. I am about to give up to get this
laptop installed.

Cheers,
Mariano