Re: repartitioning: joining two partitions

hi ya

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Joris Huizer wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have the following question:
> I have four partitions:
> /, /tmp, /usr, /home
>
> Is it possible to change the situation so that the
> /tmp partition space becomes part of the /home (so the
> /tmp is a normal folder in / ) ? It's usually hardly
> used and I could use some space for my personal stuff.

putting /tmp into a different partition is a bad idea

/tmp should always stand by itself .. same for /var and /home

if you need more disk space... buy another 10GB disk for $10
and save yourself hours of headaches if something goes wrong
	( prices is about $1 - $2 per GB of disk now days )

c ya
alvin