Re: Official Exim 4 package

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:36:29 -0600
Jamin Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
> Great, I'll get right on that.  Oh wait, there no indication of how.
> Sure, we can just "change" the packaging system.  However, there's a
> *lot* more to it than just waiving a magic wand or hacking a few lines
> of code.  Someone would need to come up with system (including the
> internal mechanics) that denotes how this could/should be done.

    Amazingly enough that's how problems get solved.

Step 1: admitting there is a problem.
Step 2: defining the problem.

    Or is this where you, and others, pop out of the woodwork and demand that
said person either shush or sit down and code?  I've never much liked the
culture where problems, when pointed out, result in a silencing of the person
pointing it out simply because they, for one reason or another, are either
unwilling or incapable of tackling the problem.

    It doesn't make the problem go away.