Re: KDE not working in sid

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 07:19, GBV wrote:
> I´ve upgrade my debian to sid.
>
> Everything is looking fine except may KDE3.
>
> kdm works, but when I select KDE3 in login, screen turns back into kdm.
>
>  when i run apt-get install kde the output is...
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   kde: Depends: kdelibs3 but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: libarts or
>                 libarts-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
>                 libarts-bin but it is not installable
>        Depends: libkmid or
>                 libkmid-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
>                 libkmid-bin but it is not installable
>        Depends: kdebase but it is not going to be installed or
>                 kdebase3 but it is not installable
>        Depends: kdebase-audiolibs but it is not going to be installed or
>                 kdebase3-audiolibs but it is not installable
>        Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not going to be installed or
>                 kdebase3-libs but it is not installable
>        Depends: konqueror but it is not going to be installed or
>                 konqueror3 but it is not installable
>        Depends: kate but it is not going to be installed or
>                 kate3 but it is not installable
>        Depends: kmail but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: kab but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: kpm but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: kfract but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thks..

Hi,

Try doing apt-get install konqueror.  There is no kde meta-package for
unstable at this time, at least it doesn't work!  You may have to do
another apt-get install for other kde programs, but the one for
konqueror will probably do the job.

I might add, kde 3.1 is well worth it.  Very nice indeed.

Dan Owens	mtn@redmeadow.com	Bigfork, MT.