want to build inventor-demos . where is make/ivcommondefs ?

Hi list,

Debian Woody Testing.
Have installed inventor, inventor-dev, inventor-clients,
inventor-demos, inventor-data from dselect.
The many demos in /usr/share/doc/inventor-demo come with GNUmakefiles
that all start roughly like this:

IVDEPTH = ../..
include $(IVDEPTH)/make/ivcommondefs

where the IVDEPTH depends on the demo's location. Judging from the
paths, I figure there should be
/usr/share/doc/inventor-demo/make/ivcommondefs .

However, ivcommondefs is nowhere in my filesystem, nor could I find it
on the debian.org website with "Search the contents of Packages", nor
is it listed as a participating file in inventor-demo.

What gives ???

Lukas