From: Brian Durant [mailto:durant@cbn.net.id]
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 11:41 PM
To: Debian User
Subject: Implementing and mounting USB external HD on Deb 3

Hi again,

How do I implement and mount a USB external FAT formatted hard drive on
a Debian 3 compatible system (Libranet 2.7) with KDE 3.x? I need to get
some log files off the box and onto the USB hard drive, so that I can
transfer them to my main computer and eventually post them. Once I can
post these files, they should help in diagnosing some problems with the
Ethernet NIC and with the USB floppy drive. At this time, this appears
to be the best strategy, as Xcdroast no longer seems to be able to find
the Iomega Zip CD 650 that I could otherwise burn the files onto for
transfer to my main box. This is getting to be a real mess, so any help
is appreciated :-(

Cheers,

Brian