Re: Expunge OpenOffice.org?

Brian Potkin wrote:

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:37:14PM +0700, Brian Durant wrote:

Sorry, I guess I should add that I am a newbie to Debian systems and Linux in general, but have some experience with RPM based systems. I understand some of the basics of the Debian package system, but want to make sure that all the bits and bobs from OpenOffice.org are removed, so that there is no hindrance to installing Star Office 6. I don't know if it is enough to just remove the .deb package.

In addition to the suggestions you have already received for purging the
system files you could see whether you have a $HOME/.openoffice
directory and (if it exists) check the entries in $HOME/.mailcap for
entries pertaining to openoffice.

Many thanks to all of those that have replied on this issue.

Cheers,

Brian