Re: help with playing a midi file

Robert Storey wrote:

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 22:18, Paul Scott wrote:
My sound card works. I am using KDE on the 2.4.20-k6 kernel. I have a number of midi players installed - kmid, rosegarden. They all look like they are playing midi files but I get no sound.

Silly as this might sound, before you go any further, run aumix and set volume and pcm to maximum, then see if you've got any sound. I encountered the same (embarassing) issue when I first installed Debian.

Nothing is sounds silly at this point. I have now checked that aumix is set how you indicated.

I think I have all the modules installled that I need *except* for the correct midi module. The Soundblaster AWE HOWTO is five years old and doesn't seem to help with the 2.4.x kernels.

Thanks,

Paul