Re: When will Sarge become Stable ?

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 12:35:16AM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> I've said this way more than enough times, but MORE THAN A YEAR for
> another stable release?  This isn't a bad joke?

Many vendors and distributors downstream of Debian, together with large
sites, actually prefer our longer release cycles, because it makes the
upgrade treadmill easier to keep up with. Granted, two years is a bit on
the long side, but the assumption that everybody wants a release every
six months or whatever is simply not true.