Re: When will Sarge become Stable ?

Sharninder said:
> hi,
> anybody here has any idea when will Sarge or Sid become stable.
> AFAIK when sarge becomes stable, only then will Sid become sarge. Am i
> right ?

not really. sid will always be sid. at least that's how it's been
for a while, I haven't heard of anything to the contrary.

and no release date has been announced for sarge, I don't think
a frozen date has been announced. I would expect at LEAST 1 year
before sarge becomes 'stable'.

probably one of the best measures of when it will become stable
is keep tabs on the status of the new debian installer and boot
floppies. That's traditionally been the holdup. And if you have
resources, help em test/file bugs that will get it done faster.

nate