X11 server connection

Hi all:

	I have just upgraded mu X-server to the unstable branch and switched to
using the gnome packages of unstable, and now i am not able to give the
root user permission to access the X server belonging to normal user.
Before I had a link from '/root/.Xauthority' to my_user/.Xauthority and
I was able to run X clients as root displaying in my X server of the
normal user... Now, with all the upgrade, I am not able to do it
anymore... I have even tried using:

#export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
$xhost +localhost

without success... I see that the client tries to access the x server
since ippl reports 'x11 connection attemp', but I am absolutely unable
to get anything started as root to display in my screen... I have
enabled tcp connections to the X server... and nothing... I am starting
to be a bit lost... Anyone giving me a hint on how to run an X client as
root and display in my user X server?

Thanks in advance for the help! Please, Cc: to my mail address!

/Nacho