Woody and 2.4 kernel

I'm new to the group, sorry if this is an oft asked
question, but I don't know the answer.

How do I install Woody to use the 2.4 kernel?

Or, does one install Woody with the 2.2 kernel and
upgrade somehow?

Is the only way to install the 2.4 source and build a
kernel?

Is it best to just wait for the next release (assuming
it uses the 2.4 kernel)?

I'm interested because I have need of a library/driver
(professionally) that requires the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks.