Re: New

Jerome Johnson wrote:
I am very new to Debian Linux Can anyone help me by giving me a good
online reference and pointing me on what good books to get regarding
this OS.

Paul Johnson replied:
Running Debian Linux by O'Reilley and Associates is good.  Sometimes
referred to as the Mountie book because it has a picture of an RCMP
officer on a horse on the cover.

I can vouch that 'Running Linux' is very good, and has a man on a horse on the cover.

'Learning Debian Gnu/Linux' has a man on a bull, is out of print, and I haven't seen it.

I would also suggest the reference manual and other documentation on the Debian site.
(e.g. http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html)

Cheers, Dave