mgetty + pppd + Packets being dropped!

Hey all,

I've currently got a server with two ethernet interfaces. One points to the
local LAN (100.100.101.0/24) and one to an ISDN modem (100.100.100.0/24).
I've got connection sharing up and running fine for all the clients on the
network.

The problem is, I want to enable a dial-in connection to give remote users
access to the samba shares on this server. I've set up mgetty and pppd to
establish the connection, but once connected, although the server has an IP
of 100.100.102.1 and the client 100.100.102.2, no packets are being sent or
received. If I ping 100.100.102.1 from the client, the little modem lights
flash to say packets are going out, but I get a "Request timed out" message.

The server is debian, 2.4 kernel I think. The client is windows 2000.

My mgetty login.config has the line:

/AutoPPP/ -      a_ppp    /usr/sbin/pppd file /etc/ppp/options.dialup

mgetty is started from inittab with the following line:

S0:23:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -x 3 ttyS0

My options.dialup file has these options set:

-detach
Asyncmap 0
auth
modem
crtscts
lock
require-pap
refuse-chap
login
proxyarp
ms-dns 100.100.102.1
ms-dns 100.100.100.1

And my options.ttyS0 has this line:

100.100.102.1:100.100.102.2

Now, as I say, the connection is established fine, but no packets are being
sent or received at either end. Am I missing something obvious with being a
new player in this game of Linux?

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Sherlock