Re: mutt and aliases

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:52:50PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
| I have this line
|
| source ~/.mutt.aliases
|
| in my .muttrc file, but when I *add* an alias, it wants to add it to
| .muttrc and not .mutt_aliases. I'm guessing that that line only tells
| mutt where to LOOK when it needs to lookup an alias, NOT to save them
| when I create one.

Pretty much correct.  ('source' simply reads another file; that file
can contain any mutt configuration option, not just aliases)

| Is it possible to have mutt *write* to the alias file I spec'd ??

set alias_file="~/.muttrc.aliases"

-D

--
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/