Re: [OT] Backup solutions

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 08:59, Bob Paige wrote:

> Questions:
> 1) what is better for backup, tape, or CD? (I already have a CD burner)
> 2) if tape, what is a good/inexpensive product to use?
> 3) what software works best?

IMHO,
1) tape - can easily back up the entire system (and a small network)
2) DDS - others are faster, but they cost more
3) amanda, amanda, and amanda - command line, cron-able, free, and very
reliable

It might also be a good idea to take snapshots of especially interesting
stuff every once in a while with your CD burner.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com