Re: Finally - Your Own Low Cost Teleconferencing Service!

On Thursday 20 March 2003 10:20, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 04:53:45PM +0200, Barry Rab wrote:
> > And I was flamed for Re-spamming the list with the spam  I received
> > from  the list.  Hmph!
>
> Responding to spam is always bad, whether it's on list or to the
> spammer.  You'd think this would be obvious.
>
> You got flamed because you reposted the spam.  <snip>

I've been glued to this and the related thread.  I received virus affected
email last week and this week.  I described the event for my local LUG (no
repost of addresses) and submitted it as OT  - as a warning about what's
going around.  I got flamed.

So, I agree,  responding to and reposting spam should not happen.  Live, get
flammed, learn, heal.  But the flames may have gotten turned on anyway.

Maybe one should avoid all discussion of MS virii on Linux lists if getting
flamed.   I will.  When in Rome...
--
Mike M.