Re: KDE Theme Manager Problem

I have the same problem as well. I have noticed that all of the *.themerc files that are present in /usr/share/apps/kstyle/themes can be changed using the >Control Center >look & Feel > Style button. This changes the themes for me.

debian_newbie wrote:
Pardon me if this is on the wrong list. I wasn't sure whether to post
this on this list or the KDE list.

I don't know what I've done, but I've screwed up my Woody system
somehow. I had a perfectly good Woody system and then I decided to
upgrade all of the security updates. Then, being the newbie that I am,
when I discovered how to pull packages down from testing, I got excited
and upgraded some packages to testing.
Now, my problem is that I cannot change the KDE themes. If I go into
Control Center>Look & Feel>Theme Manager and click on any of the
installed themes I get this error message: " Sorry Theme does not
contain a .themerc nor a .theme file.

Now, I have checked, and the themes are installed in
"/usr/share/apps/kstyle/themes", and every one of them end with
.themerc.

I tried reinstalling kdeartwork-theme-desktop with apt-get install
reinstall, but that didn't fix the problem.

Then I tried reinstalling kdeartwork-theme-desktop with Kpackage. In
Kpackage I got these messages:

dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `install-info' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 4 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and
/sbin. <this was at the end of the previous line.

I checked my root PATH and it does contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin
and /sbin.

So, what could be the problem?